The FRAnalyzer (Frequency Response Analyzer) was developed for testing the integrity of power transformers after transportation or occurrence of high currents. The FRAnalyzer uses the SFRA principle (Sweep Frequency Response Analysis) and measures the electrical transfer function in a wide frequency range.
It detects winding defects and faults in the magnetic core - thereby helping to improve transformer reliability, reduce maintenance costs and prevent costly failures.
- Reproducible results thanks to innovative connection technology
- Extremely small and compact device (< 1.8 kg / 4 lbs)
- Wide dynamic measuring range (> 120 dB)
- Fast measurement times (around 30 seconds per measurement)
The FRAnalyzer is used for transformer testing, after:
- a short circuit event
- occurrence of high transient fault currents
- a significant change in the monitored values (e.g. combustible gases) or a safety shutdown
The following tests can also be performed:
- Routine transformer condition measurement
- Verification of unusual events determined during conventional testing
For more information and